Sunday 13 December 2009

Why Am I Here?


A rather profound question to ask but one which is actually quite simple to answer.  I had suffered from fibroids for 4 years with symptoms that were getting worse and worse. Often heading to the docs to explain this, I found myself questionning if everything was in my mind.  In the end, I realised that I wanted my life back and put myself forward for an abdominal myomectomy - actually I thought I would have had to battle a bit harder than I did but hey.

December 1 was the day of my op. This blog tracks my thoughts leading up to the big day, my 1st ever experiences as an NHS inpatient (good and bad) and how I am now doing in the long phase that is recovery.  Anyway, I figured that writing a new blog would be a good way to:
  • keep me (and hopefully you) entertained whilst I'm home in recovery
  • share my stories with others experiencing a similar op as the internet was where I found out lots of useful info
Anyway, I hope that you stay tuned for this journey :)

No comments:

Post a Comment